Klima-Logger – Frequently asked questions
A data record consists of time, date and all channels set at the respective interval time.
The max. amount of data records depends on how many channels (additional transmitters) have been set to save (“Enr” setting), as they collect and send additional measurements to be stored by the logger.
- Up to 3200 records if only base and 1 channel have been set.
- Up to 2500 records if base and 2 channels have been set.
- Up to 2100 records if base and 3 channels have been set.
- Up to 1800 records if base and 4 channels have been set.
- Up to 1600 records when base and 5 channels have been set.
Use this calculation as an example:
If you want to record the indoor values (base) plus an outdoor transmitter, you will have 3200 numbers of records available. For a logging rate of 5 minutes intervals, you would need 288 records per day.
3200 by 288 = 11.11 days recording time.
The Klima-Logger continues to store its data at the respective interval times and always overwrites the oldest data records.
In this case, a real RS232 connection can usually be established with an interface expansion card (PCI / PCMCIA), to which the KlimaLogg can then be connected without any problems.
Please note! Klima-Logger cannot be connected via USB or PC ExpressCard adapters.
As long as the transmitter shows the readings correctly on its own display, it can be assumed that it’s in good working order and that it only needs to be entered again using the learning function. Below is a step-by-step instruction.
- Press and hold the OK button until the “Lcd” indicator flashes. (Where? On the transmitter or on the Base station?)
- Briefly press the OK button 12 more times to enter the learn/remove-mode to reach the transmitter channels. The indicators “Lrn”, “CH” flashes.
- Press the plus button to enter learn/remove-mode. The channel no. “1” will blink.
- If necessary, press the OK button to select another channel (1-5).
- Press the plus button to put the selected channel into the learning status (the channel symbol will additionally flash in the intermediate line) or press the minus key to remove the channel (the channel symbol will disappear)
- As soon as the channel number flashing in two places disappears, the reception symbol is displayed in the upper left corner of the display. Now insert the batteries into the corresponding transmitter. After a short time (maximum 1 minute), the transmitter should have been updated.
- Repeat the above steps for the other channels if necessary.