Item number: 98.1120
Are glass drinking straws suitable for everyday use?
We often wonder if glass is the right replacement for plastic drinking straws. Especially because glass, a sustainable material, can break. That’s why we are always careful when dealing with glass objects. How can I store and clean glass drinking straws without breaking them? These are the type of questions we would ask ourselves when glass is used as an alternative to plastic.
The wall thickness of the GlasWerk drinking straws are designed in such a way that you can clean and store them safely. So, drinking straws made of glass are convenient, as you can clean them in the dishwasher and store them in the cutlery drawer.
How do I clean a glass straw?
We all expect to drink from a drinking vessel that has been thoroughly cleaned and dried. Glass drinking straws should be no different: they should not have water marks or residues from previous use. Perfectly clean and sparklingly glass straws will surely impress guests and customers alike.
At first glance, the thin tube poses a challenge: How does the inside of the glass straw get clean? But the drinking straws made of glass can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand just as easily as drinking glasses. With our tips, you can care for and clean your GlasWerk drinking straws perfectly.
How do I clean GlasWerk drinking straw in the dishwasher?
- Place the drinking glass straws in the silverware basket or on the dishwasher tines.
- Alternatively you can place the straws in the dishwasher rack.
- Make sure that the drinking straws are placed in the dishwasher in a way that they do not fall out when the door is opened.
- Start the preferred rinse with the usual detergent. You can also use special glass detergents.
- After the end of the rinsing process, let the warm straws cool down.
- If necessary, polish with a dishcloth
Drinking straws made of glass can be easily cleaned in the dishwasher
How do I clean GlasWerk drinking straws by hand?
- Place the drinking tubes in warm water with your usual dishwashing liquid.
- Please follow the dosing instructions for your detergent.
- Stubborn residues inside the tube can be removed with the special brush.
- Rinse the drinking straws with clear, hot water – as hotter as possible. The higher the water temperature, the less water marks on the glass surface.
- To dry, the straws should stand upright, so that the water in the inside can drain off.
- Dry the outside of the drinking straws with a tea towel.
How are glass drinking straws stored?
The fully dried glass straws can be kept in a closed cupboard, in a drawer or in a cutlery box.
Another option is to store the straws in a mug or glass, or in the original GlasWerk packaging.